Sunday

Overview of trip so far

Hopefully more detailed posts later. But I should at least get down what I've done so far in a basic form.

View Post Quick update for any that are interested. I've travelled for a month now, and driven about 2000 miles (definitely taking my time).

I've gone from SLC to Great Basin National Park, Reno, San Fran, Portland, Coeur D'Alene, Billings, and now here in freezing Deadwood. Favorite card rooms so far include Oaks Card Room and pretty much everywhere here in Deadwood (where I am right now). Most scenic part of the country so far is northern california and northern idaho/western montana. San Franscico is an incredible city. I'm seriously considering paying the high rent and moving there. Portland is pretty cool, but definitely lesser. Least favorite places are Billings and Eugene Oregon. They are both depressing.

Deadwood, where I'm at now, is probably my new favorite place to play poker. The games are loose, the people are a bit crazy, and its fun as hell. Too bad its insanely cold right now. It should warm up by Monday/Tuesday and then I'll go camp in the black hills and check out mt. rushmore. Afterwards, I plan on making it to Chicago and then turning around and heading back to SLC. I'm running a bit low on funds and need to play it a bit safe unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment